Macaroni and Cheese also known as mac and cheese is a famous western delicacy everyone is crazy about. Can’t find a restaurant or shop in your place that sells macaroni? Is macaroni expensive in your place? Want to try cooking it for yourself? Don’t worry, we found a great pressure cooker recipe for macaroni you can cook in your own kitchen.
Tools and Equipment:
1. 6-quart pressure cooker
6. Broiler-safe dish
1. 1 lb. of dried elbow macaroni
2. 2 tbsp. of butter
3. 1 tbsp. of yellow mustard
4. 1 tbsp. of hot pepper sauce
5. 1 tbsp. of Diamond Crystal Kosher salt or 2 tsps. Of table salt
6. 4 cups of water
7. 1 can or 12 oz. of evaporated milk
8. Extra-sharp cheddar cheese
9. Parmigiano cheese
1. With a grater, shred 16 oz. of extra-sharp cheddar cheese and 6 oz. of Parmigiano cheese.
2. Open one can evaporated milk.
3. Prepare the ingredients.
1. Start by cooking the pastas and spices in a pressure cooker. Mix the dried elbow macaroni, 2 tablespoons of butter, 1 tablespoon of hot pepper sauce, 2 tablespoons of table salt or 1 tablespoon of Diamond Crystal Kosher salt, and four cups of clean water into the saucepan. Close the pressure cooker by locking the lid and cook the ingredients for four minutes. After four minutes, quick release the pressure and finally open the cover of your pressure cooker.
2. Add the evaporated milk and cheese. Do not turn off the heat of the stove. Instead, lower it down or put it into a keep warm mode. After that, pour the evaporated milk to the mixture and properly stir. If you take a bite of one strand of pasta, it should be cooked to be firm to the bite. If you think the pasta is still hard, you can stew it for a few minutes more. A handful at a time, pour both the shredded cheddar and Parmigiano cheese and properly stir with the mixture. Make sure the cheese is fully melted before adding another handful.
3. Finish it by putting breadcrumbs and broil. This is not a necessary step. Put the macaroni in a 3-quart plate safe for broiling. Make sure the surface is leveled. Evenly sprinkle the bread crumbs over the macaroni dish. Broil it until the toppings are fully toasted which is about five minutes. During the process, you can observe that the breadcrumbs will quickly turn from pale to golden then finally brown.
1. Four cups of water is good for one pound or 16 ounces of pasta.
2. You don’t need to drain the pasta since the pasta will drain the water while cooking.
3. If you like hot sauce, you can serve it with the macaroni and cheese. You can also add more mustard.
You might not end up with a good result. But with practice, you will be able to perfect this pressure cooker recipe for macaroni. Make sure to follow every step and measurements to be able to have a delicious Mac and Cheese. Overall, cooking macaroni and cheese can be done in different ways. Not only will you be able to cook great food but also enjoying doing it. Refer electric pressure cooker reviews blog for more recipes and tricks.